FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
May 22, 2020 Calgary, AB: Today, Measur, a Canadian company that specializes in the resale of commercial unmanned solutions, announced that they have signed a Canadian distribution agreement with Phoenix LiDAR. Phoenix LiDAR is a US based company built on innovation and has established itself as the leader in commercial UAV LiDAR Systems.
Of this recent announcement, Phoenix Director of Sales Eric Agnello said, "We look forward to working with Measur, the Canadian leader for commercial drone solutions, to expand our Canadian presence. Measur's experience and expertise with drones and geomatics provides the foundation needed to ensure customer success".
Phoenix LiDAR industry firsts:
- May 2012 – Foundation of Phoenix Aerial Systems + First UAV LiDAR integration prototyped – with support from Velodyne’s Dr. Wolfgang Juchmann
- July 2013 – Velodyne presents UAV LiDAR at sUSB Expo, crediting Phoenix – presented by Velodyne’s Dr. Wolfgang Juchmann followed by a standing ovation
- Summer 2013 – First real-time 3D point cloud visualizer – reducing data acquisition errors in the field
- Summer 2014 – First commercial UAV LiDAR system launches – the Phoenix AL2 system featuring a Velodyne sensor
- June 2015 – First fixed-wing UAV with LiDAR integration
- May 2016 – First VTOL fixed-wing UAV LiDAR system – increasing range and speed, and protecting LiDAR equipment from rough landings
- Nov 2016 – Phoenix Aerial Systems rebrands as Phoenix LiDAR Systems
- Feb 2017 – First real-time 3D point cloud with RGB fusion – introducing the coloured point cloud visualization
- Sept 2017 – First cloud-based LiDAR post-processing platform, LiDARMill – reducing costs associated with LiDAR post-processing
- Dec 2017 – First UAV LiDAR flight planner tool
- May 2019 - Phoenix introduces their "AIR NavBox" reducing their NavBox size by nearly 75% and weight by over 50%, the smallest and lightest NavBox in the industry.
About Measur: Measur is a Canadian company based in Calgary, AB, and Burnaby, BC, that specializes in the resale of commercial unmanned solutions. Founded in 2001, Measur has become the most trusted source for aerial solutions in mining & aggregates, agriculture & forestry, infrastructure & utilities, construction, surveying & mapping and oil & gas.